Sunday 5 May 2013

Budget Beauty Reviews: Lidl Cien Provitamin Shampoo (for Dry/Damaged hair) 75p


I’ve been desperate to review this shampoo since I bought it (before I even had a blog) because I was so blown away by it!



I always assumed Lidl’s own-brand beauty products would be useless/horrible, because I always think ‘If something seems too good to be true, it probably is’. But I’d heard some good things about their body lotion while watching Superscrimpers. Even so, I was dubious about buying anything of theirs in case I wasted my money. Thankfully my housemate, who is also on a quest to pay off his debts, happened to buy this shampoo around the same time. It was fate! So I ‘borrowed’ some to try it, and I was amazed (and went out and bought some the next day)!

My first impressions were mixed. I can’t describe it but the shampoo feels a bit gloopy/greasy/not foamy when you use it, so I was a bit like ‘Oh dear, what is my hair going to look like when it dries!?’ On the plus side, the smell is pleasant enough (not as nice as the Aussie shampoo I was using, but it’s not worth paying an extra few pounds just for a nice smell).

I didn’t change anything about my hair routine. I used Aussie’s 3 Minute Miracle conditioner and, afterwards, used Aussie’s leave-in conditioner. But despite only changing my shampoo (I had been using an Aussie 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner previously, as I was so desperate to tame my frizz), my hair looked so much better! It was shinier, less dry looking, softer and more manageable. I kept saying at work ‘Look at my hair!! Look how much better it is!! 75p from Lidl!!’ (I’m sure my colleagues all thought I was mad, but they’re used to it by now)! I will never go back to using the expensive stuff now I’ve discovered this; my lifelong quest to tame my frizzy hair is over! Of course, my hair is not magically free of frizz/dryness (I’m just unlucky in the genes department) but it is 10 times better! I can’t wait for my conditioner and leave-in conditioner to run out, so I can try out the Cien conditioner and hair mouse.

I DO have one warning about this shampoo. It makes my hair greasy slightly earlier. Nothing major, but I used to wash my hair every 3 days and now it’s more like every 2 (but I still don’t have to wash it every day)! For me, it’s a price I’m willing to pay for shiny/non-frizzy hair, but if you’re prone to greasy hair you might want to try the same range but for a different hair type. Of course, I’ve not tried the shampoos for other hair types, so I can’t guarantee they’ll be as effective, but at 75p what have you got to lose?

Coming Soon: I review Lidl’s Cien shower gels (45p and 79p)*

*I promise I don’t work for Lidl, I’m just really impressed with the bargains I’ve found there :-)

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...